STARTING THE NEW YEAR OFF RIGHT!
Are you looking for ways to connect with God and the church more in 2014? We have so many opportunities to connect here at VBF, where no person is left behind! Here are just a couple ways to challenge yourself in 2014:
1) Bible Study Bookmark: Did you know that VBF has a daily reading bookmark? Every day we read a chapter of the New Testament and a chapter of the Old Testament. You may often hear Pastor Ron reference the daily reading during his messages. You can pick up a Bible Study Bookmark at the Information Booth or download one at www.vbf.org.
2) Small Groups: We have over 100 small groups that meet all over Bakersfield, at many different times. There is sure to be a fit for you! To join a small group, you can visit the booth on Sunday or go to www.vbf.org, click on “Ministries,” then click on “Small Groups.” Small groups make this big VBF family seem like a small, close-knit family.
3) Join a Ministry: Did you know that VBF has a ministry for every age group? We have groups for infants to 55 plus! From our nursery and preschool programs, to our ARK (K – 1st grade), Studio (2nd-5th grade), Junior High Ministry, High School Ministry, Ascend (College Ministry), Single’s Ministry, and Prime Timers (age 55 plus). There are also groups for those healing from divorce, those who have a lost a loved one (Grief Share), those that are overcoming addiction (Set Free), and so much more! If you want to get involved, please call the church office at 661.325.2251.
4) Volunteer: VBF relies on great volunteers to make the ministries and programming run with excellence, and we are always in need of more! There is a place for everyone, and it’s a great avenue to get to know some amazing people here at VBF! To see the list of volunteer opportunities, go to www.vbf.org and click on “volunteer.”
5) Become a Member: Discover VBF’s heart, and what makes it beat, by attending The Academy on January 12 or 19. If you are ready to make a deeper commitment to VBF, we invite you to check out The Academy! Additional information can be acquired at the booth under the patio.