It can be scary for many to think of joining any type of small group, church or social. Going from a large church crowd where all are free to come, listen, and leave unnoticed to a situation where we may be asked to share our opinions amongst a group of strangers can be anxiety-inducing. Fear of the unknown can be paralyzing, however, once individuals brave their very first meeting, they find that all previous doubts were unfounded.
5 Reasons to Join…
- Friendships- Small groups have a way of bringing individuals together who share like-goals. Along with a sense of community, forging long lasting relationships are also a probable outcome of being in a small group.
- Communication- Discussion is a key element in small groups. All are encouraged to share thoughts and opinions with others and to openly communicate in a non-judgmental setting.
- Questions- Do you have any questions that church hasn’t answered for you? Well you are not alone. You could “Google” those questions to seek out the best fitted answer…or ask a real person.
- Leadership- Small group leaders have your best interests at heart. You may go to your group leaders for prayer, wise counsel, or to be mentored.
- Growth- What better place to grow deeper in knowledge and wisdom than surrounded by people intent on the same purpose? Join a small group to find out how positively you will grow in 2014.